Skip to main content

Project Zulu – 2006

Back in 1987 I started toying with doing some colonial wargaming but my will was not strong. Over the last few years I’ve started painting irregularly and to a good standard.

So for 2006 I thought I’d go for just one plan and stick to it. Obviously it should be finish off my Sudan stuff or go for a more formal Modern Zombies game or Back of Beyond, or finish my Warhammer Empire army, or 15mm PITS stuff.

But no, harking back to my 1987 interest in the Zulu wars I have decided that my first six months of 2006 will be building a Zulu and British army for DBA. That’s apx 72 figures in 6 months, well within my capability. I’ve already test painted 3 zulu’s and am quite pleased with the results. Plan is to paint the figures and then base them, hopefully making the bases reasonably scenic.

The plan is no figure purchases 2006 until I finish the Zulu’s.

The other army that will be finished is my 15mm DBA moors.

The second project for 2006 will then be Sudan using Perry miniature British and camel riders.


Popular posts from this blog

Dragon - Part Two

Very limited progress this month.

I have cleaned up the base dragon but have not yet started pinning. In respect to the base I added some green stuff to give the impression the treasure was piled up on a dungeon floor.

New set of Mordheim Buildings

Last month I finished off my second set of GW Mordheim buildings. Both sets now complete, just need to get around to playing some games.

A corpse of Vampires

Back before it was trendy I loved Vampires, the scary, evil serial killer types. Not your more modern shiny, vegetarian reformed serial killer types who have human girlfriends and deny their true nature. Think Salam's Lot, Dracula, Anno Dracula, 30 Days of Nights, Let the right one in, I am legend (which I must re-read), Martin the vampire, Ultraviolet, Near Dark, Byzantium, and perhaps the early Anne Rice stuff.

So over the years I seemed to have amassed and painted a few starting back with the original citadel FF58 - Vampire through to more modern such as Otherworld Miniatures more recent UD10 - Vampire.

I still have a few unpainted (in fact some still blister packed) but what follows is a gallery of the ones done to date.