Skip to main content

Been Busy

Over the last two weeks I have been very busy so the hobby side has hit the back burner.

I have been working on some bases for my studio miniatures zombies. I am currently filing the bases supplied with model clay which hardens in 24hrs and either marking some groves to represent paving slabs or topping with sand to represent ash felt. The Z is then removed from his slotta tab and pinned to the base before undercoating.


Additionally I have been painting up some otherworld Kobolds which I built and based some time ago. The figures were stuck to the usual slotta base and then the base was covered with non branded wall filler. I then cut some random groves in the base to represent stone work before undercoating.

The figures are quite nice but come with separate hands/arms and can be quite fiddly to stick together.

Mark (wardy-la) mentioned he liked this figure so here’s a painted version done some time ago

.
I have also taken delivery of a bag of Cthulhu and plan on painting a few of these up (eventually?)





Comments

wardy-la said…
Fab stuff Andrew!
Love the old 'dilletante' figure too, thanks for posting that. I really need to repaint my one. Looking for ward to seeing -
a) a mass of painted zombies
b) bag of cthulhu - they almost look like they don't need a paint job from your pic!
I have also set up a new blog for our 'zombie project' so you should have an invite to add stuff to that.

Popular posts from this blog

Items for sale 2024

 

New set of Mordheim Buildings

Last month I finished off my second set of GW Mordheim buildings. Both sets now complete, just need to get around to playing some games.   

Helping Hands 3

Third of the monthly posting of the other world Henchman in conjunction with Duke of the Blood Keep and Minis by Finch This time it's the turn of the poor donkey, carrying an excess of adventurer baggage. I have tried feathering the body of the donkey with the intention of showing up the texture of the hairs but I am uncertain how effective it is. Similarly with the white underbody, I am wondering if I have gone too far down the legs. As a bonus I painted the Cerepod (or Grell for the original Fiend Folio), the poor donkey is doomed. The Cerepod is painted in similar colours to the one on the otherworld site which having looked up its entry in the Fiend Folio are not strictly speaking authentic! In addition ahead of starting on my Drow and Driders I have test painted two old GW Demonettes. Clearly the grey one is the test paint (however stupidly I forgot to note which grey I started with), the pink one was to try out some new paints. I tried something