Skip to main content

Manticore Repaint

I recently decided to strip down an old citadel Manticore figure and repaint it.

After looking at the figure I decide that the base colour was fine.

To improve the paint job I washed the figure with citadel devlin wash, then highlighted with Vallejo Tan Yellow and added black to the tail and main.

The original base was bland so I created a new one using pieces of flint picked up while walking the dog.

I think that it is a considerable improvement over the original, which hardly looks like the same figure,



Michael Awdry said…
and very splendid it looks too!

Popular posts from this blog

Dragon - Part Two

Very limited progress this month.

I have cleaned up the base dragon but have not yet started pinning. In respect to the base I added some green stuff to give the impression the treasure was piled up on a dungeon floor.

New set of Mordheim Buildings

Last month I finished off my second set of GW Mordheim buildings. Both sets now complete, just need to get around to playing some games.

A corpse of Vampires

Back before it was trendy I loved Vampires, the scary, evil serial killer types. Not your more modern shiny, vegetarian reformed serial killer types who have human girlfriends and deny their true nature. Think Salam's Lot, Dracula, Anno Dracula, 30 Days of Nights, Let the right one in, I am legend (which I must re-read), Martin the vampire, Ultraviolet, Near Dark, Byzantium, and perhaps the early Anne Rice stuff.

So over the years I seemed to have amassed and painted a few starting back with the original citadel FF58 - Vampire through to more modern such as Otherworld Miniatures more recent UD10 - Vampire.

I still have a few unpainted (in fact some still blister packed) but what follows is a gallery of the ones done to date.