Skip to main content

Projects in progress

What with otherworld miniatures (http://www.otherworld.me.uk/store.html) having a 20% off sale and my eclectic painting table I thought I would pin down exactly what my projects/targets are for 2011.

Projects I want to complete but I have no idea what I will do with them once I have a significant number of figures painted

Otherworld/D&D painting is a childhood project which now my painting standard has improved I feel capable of making some steps with. No idea what I will do with the figures once they are painted though. Just know I am buying them faster than I am painting. I will add to this my collection of Dark Sun figures which I would like to paint some time.

Modern zombie apocalypse, been working on this with the odd Z for numerous year, now there are loads of rule sets and figures available I should really finish off the 44 I have, giving me around 100 z’s,  my biker gang and a few others.

Mordheim, sort of ties in with D&D, need to finish a warband or 3, Undead, Middenheimer and Marienburgher and maybe even skaven, and orc with the figures I have lying around

Call of Cthulhu, again a number of figures already finished  and around 25 plus a Lioger to paint. There are some interesting looking rules sets out there, but not certain I really need any. Need to target exactly what I want to do once I finish the ones I have. One thing I am certainly missing is some robbed cultists.

My set of GW 40k adventurers, probably no more than 20 figures, just I would like to get them painted. Again no practical gaming use.

Gothic  Horror, similar to above with a number of figures already painted but based in the 1890’s rather than 1920’s. I have a batch to paint before I would need to decide exactly what I am going to do with them.

Part completed projects which are currently on the back burner:-

Sudan, just 12 mounted Dervish to do to complete a rather sizable force. Also waiting for the Perry plastic Dervish before adding more, then maybe some Egyptians.

WW2 skirmish, low level in 28mm, British completed. Bolt Action plastic Germans to build and paint but other guys I know are faster painters and have already started their Germans. So I can afford to hold off on this for a while

ACW 25mm skirmish using Two fat Lardies terrible sharp sword, 20 miniatures painted but stalled. Probably need 24 cavalry and further 40 foot, and may be a c\non or two to finish this one off.

Back of Beyond Chinese, around 40 figures done but no enthusiasm for more at the moment

Warhammer or HOTS undead and Empire armies

Ended(?) Projects:-

6mm WSS, 2 forces finished, French and British but no one dice thrown in anger.

15mm Sudan, no idea why I started this but base figures done for Peter Pigs Patrols in the Sudan
Saxons, painted up 20 Saxons for a skirmish game, have some Gripping Beast Saxons to stick together and paint but will hold off on this for a while

Projects not started

WW1, early war or even late war with trenches, most interested in this period reading wise but only have 2 figures so far.

VBCW, just looks interesting and great fun, maybe my 2012 project.

Ancients, Roman vs British, ECW and ACW however, doubt I’ll ever start these.

Zulu wars, curses to Empress Miniatures and their plans for plastic Zulus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Items for sale 2024

 

New set of Mordheim Buildings

Last month I finished off my second set of GW Mordheim buildings. Both sets now complete, just need to get around to playing some games.   

Helping Hands 3

Third of the monthly posting of the other world Henchman in conjunction with Duke of the Blood Keep and Minis by Finch This time it's the turn of the poor donkey, carrying an excess of adventurer baggage. I have tried feathering the body of the donkey with the intention of showing up the texture of the hairs but I am uncertain how effective it is. Similarly with the white underbody, I am wondering if I have gone too far down the legs. As a bonus I painted the Cerepod (or Grell for the original Fiend Folio), the poor donkey is doomed. The Cerepod is painted in similar colours to the one on the otherworld site which having looked up its entry in the Fiend Folio are not strictly speaking authentic! In addition ahead of starting on my Drow and Driders I have test painted two old GW Demonettes. Clearly the grey one is the test paint (however stupidly I forgot to note which grey I started with), the pink one was to try out some new paints. I tried something