Skip to main content

Update end of Q1

This is posted a lot later than originally intended. So far I have stuck reasonably to the plan raised in December with the following painted to end of March.

1              COC Byakhee
23           Darkest Africa – Mainly Masai
10           US WW2 Yanks – The remainder have base coats just need finishing.
29           DnD creatures include a couple of terrain pieces

63           Total

No zombies but that is not a surprise, started to get distracted on a few side projects such as moderns (africa), and 1980's cold war gone hot, but to date I have resisted.

To end of June I am aiming for more of the same with Masai and WW2 yanks mixed in with some fantasy stuff (Demon, slimes and jellies and Ants are ready to go with the bases completed).

I also invested in another set of Otherworld miniatures (including the ants) and took delivery of the balance of the kickstarter so a fair bit to paint so that's my annual figure purchases made, well at least to Selwg unless I fail my save vs shiney.

Now if only I can avoid that Toyota Technical from Empress Miniatures that is calling me.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Items for sale 2024

 

New set of Mordheim Buildings

Last month I finished off my second set of GW Mordheim buildings. Both sets now complete, just need to get around to playing some games.   

Helping Hands 3

Third of the monthly posting of the other world Henchman in conjunction with Duke of the Blood Keep and Minis by Finch This time it's the turn of the poor donkey, carrying an excess of adventurer baggage. I have tried feathering the body of the donkey with the intention of showing up the texture of the hairs but I am uncertain how effective it is. Similarly with the white underbody, I am wondering if I have gone too far down the legs. As a bonus I painted the Cerepod (or Grell for the original Fiend Folio), the poor donkey is doomed. The Cerepod is painted in similar colours to the one on the otherworld site which having looked up its entry in the Fiend Folio are not strictly speaking authentic! In addition ahead of starting on my Drow and Driders I have test painted two old GW Demonettes. Clearly the grey one is the test paint (however stupidly I forgot to note which grey I started with), the pink one was to try out some new paints. I tried something