2016 round up and plans for 2017
As Mark Level 2 will post a review of the year here is my run down:
Painting was fast in Q1 but slowed down for a total of 90 (94, 2015) figures. More would have been done with only 1 in December due to my house move. However I have been doing a lot of rebasing in particular my Darkest Africa stuff
WW2 Yanks 1 ( py 26)
Fantasy 55 (py 34)
Darkest Africa 22 (py 6 )
WOTR 1 (py 2 - this project is not making progress)
Knight Models Avengers 8 - A totally unexpected project this one.
Modern Z's 3 (py 2)
Games playedLion Rampant (3), last year 4
Songs of Blade and Heroes (1)
Darkest Africa using triumph and tragedy rules (see blog)
Plans for 2016 - What did I actually do?
1) Fantasy - rebase my undead, and paint up more otherworld stuff including the dark elves currently on my table. Try the otherworld miniatures skirmish rules and dragon rampant. - Well the otherworld Dark Elf were finished but only a few skeletons.
2) Finish my Saxons for Lion Rampant - not many to go now and the end is in sight.- Nothing not even one, perhaps a dead project?
3) Play Strange Aeons, which I picked up recently hence the 3 cthulhu horror figures (more to come in 2016) - Nope not even a sniff
5) Avoid any more projects. YES finally something I have achieved although I been sorely tempted by Modern Africa, 1980s cold war and post apocalypse.
6) Avoid buying any more rules, No bought Congo (and played it), Men who would be kings (and will play it - figures ready), and Mutant X RPG.
1) I did paint a few ECW for the Witchfinder General rules from Dashing Dice Games and need to pick up some foundry witches and paint a few more.
Clearly now I am tracking through my projects and ambitions 2017 needs clear direction,
So what about 2017
1) More Fantasy stuff, I will aim to rebase my Empire for Dragon Rampant, and build an Undead Dragon Rampant army, but I need some beasts (Dracolich, Undead Giants), perhaps my only purchases excluding old school fantasy and terrain, again no rules.
3) Perhaps some Modern Z's or even some Sci Fi figures.
4) Plan and play a game of Otherworld skirmish and the overdue Strange Aeon.
5) Post at least 12 updates on this blog in 2017
6) No new projects
7) Continue rationalising and selling off my older stuff, including my rpg collection.